[AMPS] parasitics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] parasitics
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 09:28:11 +0100
>To those who are tired or reading about parasitics:  I am sorry.  But it
>is an area some of us are interested in and I have been learning a lot
>about them.

I guess that if everything there is to know was known about the subject, we
wouldn't be having these discussions. Therefor, we are, hopefully, adding to
the sum total of knowledge - that justifies all the 'bandwidth' as the
digital boys call it. For those for whom it is too technical, there's always
the delete key.

What do RF guys call digital guys?

- Bit freaks.

What do polite well educated bit freaks call RF guys?

- Sir.

Picking up a point from Rich - is it recommended to mount the vacuum
variable vertical  for RF layout, or because if horizontal, it can sag
internally over the years and arc? (akin to big turbines in power stations,
which you always keep rotating to stop the shaft getting a bend in it).

73

Peter G3RZP