[AMPS] SB-221 Suppresion on 10 Meters

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-221 Suppresion on 10 Meters
From: KF0FX@aol.com (KF0FX)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 19:41:53 EDT
In a message dated 4/27/98 4:43:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
n4zr@contesting.com writes:

<< Chris, I'm curious about your big event - was the SB-221 keyed at the time?
  If you were listening, with the tubes cut off, sounds like it wasn't a
 parasitic.

The amp was in Rx mode at the time.  Tubes theoretically cut off.  You make a
good point and I don't understand it either.  I powered down the amp,
inspected for damage and couldn't find any.  Turned it back on and everything
was fine....until the same thing happened a couple of weeks later.  I made a
number of changes to the amp (described previously) about a year ago and have
had no problems since.  The problem with these "dramatic events" is that you
don't have much time to go probing with a meter :-)

73's
Chris, KF0FX
KF0FX@aol.com