[AMPS] S/A for RF measurements

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] S/A for RF measurements
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 20:17:01 EDT
On Tue, 5 May 1998 09:07:21 -0600 John Lyles <jtml@lanl.gov> writes:
>That's interesting, using ferrite beads on guy wires. Do they rust
>outside?
>
>John
>K5PRO

Nope...I have been using them on coax as choke baluns ( 5 or 6 per
antenna) for about 10 years. They are somewhat brittle and a bit of tape
to keep them from banging together is advised. The pager covered them in
shrink tubing.
The FairRite 43 mix is pretty useless below 30MHz for this purpose....a
77 mix is excellent.
I would not recommend any of the split bead types for outdoor use; I have
never used or sold them but reports are that after awhile they develop
IMD problems due to moisture salts build-up in the joint.

73  Carl  KM1H

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]