[AMPS] parasitics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] parasitics
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 20:17:04 EDT
On Mon, 4 May 98 20:09:35 -0500 Jon Ogden <jono@webspun.com> writes:
>>>This is why I have a problem with the parasitic theory.
>>
>>As do most people that bother to examine the process instead of
>asking
>>pointless questions or suggesting even more after the fact
>meaningless
>>tests.
>
>Oh...so asking questions is now pointless?  I see, we just gotta take
>everything on straight belief!

Thats not what I said. Pointless questions are pointless; meaningful
questions are good. What category do you come under ????

>Ok Carl, I have asked SEVERAL other times for theories for YOUR view
>of
>things, but haven't gotten any.

Like what?  I'm not the EE who keeps asking questions but never supplies
any answers of his own.  I've explained my beliefs on parasitics, switch
arcing and gas arcs enough times. I see no need to keep repeating myself.

 I am perfectly willing to listen to
>what
>you say on these.  How can I make up my mind on anything w/o hearing
>all
>sides?
>
>Just one thing Carl, Rich told me that in the 3-500Z's that he has
>analyzed, he hasn't seen any carbon scoring marks that would indicate
>an
>arc.  EVERY and I mean EVERY arc that I have ever seen leaves plenty
>of
>carbonization around the area where the arc occured.  So, please
>include
>in your theories how an arc can occur that leaves no carbonization.

Dick Erhorn beat me with the answer...I'm amazed you even asked that
question.

73  Carl  KM1H

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]