[AMPS] parasitics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] parasitics
From: jono@webspun.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Tue, 5 May 98 22:17:33 -0500
>>Ok Carl, I have asked SEVERAL other times for theories for YOUR view
>>of
>>things, but haven't gotten any.
>
>Like what?  I'm not the EE who keeps asking questions but never supplies
>any answers of his own.  I've explained my beliefs on parasitics, switch
>arcing and gas arcs enough times. I see no need to keep repeating myself.

Uh..no you haven't.  I have asked you several time to explain the Rocky
Point effect or Gas Discharge theory for tubes.  I have made several
requests for this.  I am curious as to why the filaments get bent.  Not
that I really care since I don't own any 3-500Z's but I am just curious.
So, please help me to understand the other theories that exist in
addition to the parasitic theory of Rich's.  And saying that a gas arc is
what causes the problem is not explaining the theory.  If a tube is
evacuated, how does a gas arc occur?  See, I am not an expert on tubes
and I am asking for some help here.  Perhaps you've explained all this
before.  OK.  Call me dense.  Explain one more time.  If necessary a
private e-mail would be fine.  You seem to think that I have bought the
parasitic theory hook line & sinker.  I haven't.  Just don't know what
the other theories say.

> I am perfectly willing to listen to
>>what
>>you say on these.  How can I make up my mind on anything w/o hearing
>>all
>>sides?
>>
>>Just one thing Carl, Rich told me that in the 3-500Z's that he has
>>analyzed, he hasn't seen any carbon scoring marks that would indicate
>>an
>>arc.  EVERY and I mean EVERY arc that I have ever seen leaves plenty
>>of
>>carbonization around the area where the arc occured.  So, please
>>include
>>in your theories how an arc can occur that leaves no carbonization.
>

>Dick Erhorn beat me with the answer...I'm amazed you even asked that
>question.

Well, maybe.   Although I do have a follow up question to ask everyone on
this.  And I also don't think I asked the proper question either.  Rich
and I spoke on the phone last week and I thought we talked about carbon
scoring, but I could be wrong.  It may have been something else.  So, let
me ask my follow up question to Dick's reply and then I am going to
figger out what Rich and I discussed and then I'll ask that question.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden