[AMPS] Air Sealing of RF chamber

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Air Sealing of RF chamber
From: jtml@lanl.gov (John Lyles)
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 16:19:27 -0600
Art,

I was talking about tubes which cost a bit much for amateurs, but once
could sell the shack and all and buy one. Starting price might is $25,000,
up to $130,000  US dollars, per tube.

Seriously though, I do remember that Eimac used to have some water cooled
tubes in small packages like 600 watt dissipation, but they were quite
expensive.  Why don't you just put the blower outside, and duct the air
with a hose into and out of your amplifier compartment. Then, at least, you
won't have the blower noise, only the hissing of the air system, and the
socket noise.

John
K5PRO