[AMPS] Why class B??

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Why class B??
From: w4eto@rmii.com (Richard W. Ehrhorn)
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 14:30:28 -0600
Hi Ian...

Just got back from Friedrichshafen & tooling around E. & W. Europe for a
few extra days and am catching up on mail at ETO.

Of course I agree emphatically that class of amplifier operation (biasing &
resultant conduction angle) and circuit configuration (what's grounded and
what's driven?) are fundamentally independent issues.

My involvement with "The Handbook" amps chapter was the 1995 edition only,
and I think (hope!) that the point was clearly made. But my only copy of
the book is 100 miles away at W0ID and I am anxious to check it upon
getting back up there this weekend!

If I failed to make that important distinction clear I'll be seriously
embarrassed. However, for now I'm hopeful and optimistic that a close
review of the relevant 1995 chapter (15?) will make sackcloth and ashes
unnecessary... this time, anyway.

73,   Dick