[AMPS] Properties of plastics at 10 GHz

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Properties of plastics at 10 GHz
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 98 14:49:47 -0500
To you guys who don't think I read messages:

>BTW Jon, that  " ( rare) DX" that took u 4 hours to work
>and proud of --  is not in the 200 most wanted countries.

For one please don't bring a personal insult from a personal message into
the public group.  I take offense to that.

Secondly, the DX did NOT take 4 hours as you claim.  TWO hours was that.
And last time I checked Sao Tome was not a super active country, maybe
it's not rare as some islands, but give me a break.  So you have more DX
countries than I do and you're bored.  To me it was rare.  Sheesh!  Why'd
it take two hours?  Well, I was using a cheapo TS-130 with 100 watts and
an old vertical at the time.  It's like fishing.  Come off your high
horse.

>> I hate to say it, but Rich is right on this one. The problem very often
>> is that Jon does not read the original messages properly. In this case,
>> Rich never said that the styrofoam heats up.

Gerrard,

I DID read Rich's message.  And I still hold to what I said.  OK, so I
mis-read his statements on styrene.  I'll give you that, but don't
crucify me for it.  Sheesh.  I still feel I am correct about the
properties of plastics at various frequencies, etc.  I apologize for
reading a message wrong and screwing up your day.

Give me a break.

And to those who supported me, Thank you.

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden

jono@enteract.com