[AMPS] FET Wanted

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] FET Wanted
From: Steve_Jackson@BayNetworks.COM (Steve Jackson)
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 08:04:45 -0400
Alek

A quick look at www.digikey.com returned this information:

Digi-Key Part         IRFPE50-ND
Manufacturer Part     IRFPE50
Description           HEXFET 800V 7.8A N-CHAN TO247AC
Manufacturer          International Rectifier

Quantity Available    108

Quantity              Price (US$)
1                      10.63
10                     75.31
100                   620.20

This is a bit less than the UK price, I think.

I am inclined to agree with the British gent about the 'problem' not being
limited to the component whose smoke has been obviously vented.

Recently, a 13.8VDC, 23A switcher was sold here for $79.95 by TechAmerica
(Tandy).  If such a deal is still available, it may be better to just replace
the unit, if a handful of transistors will cost you $40-$50 anyway.

73 Steve KZ1X/4
Chapel Hill, NC

* * *