[AMPS] SB-220 TUNE Cap Arcing

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220 TUNE Cap Arcing
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 98 16:36:22 -0000
>I cleaned the TUNE-C, which had a couple of specs (I mean real
>small specs) of solder sticking to a couple of fins. Also had
>slightly sanded a couple of TUNE C fins that had black or rough-
>ness where there had been some of the arc spitting.

My guess is this was your problem.  Remember we are talking about fairly
high voltages across an air gap.  If that gap is small enough, the air
will break down and arcing occur.

Regardless, your amp now works.  As for the current numbers, I'll let
someone with more famialiarity answer that.  But IMHO, I think you are
OK.  The amp will certainly be less efficient at 10m which means more
current draw, etc.

73,

Jon
KE9NA