[AMPS] MLA-2500 questions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] MLA-2500 questions
From: kg8co@lni.net (Brian Sarkisian)
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 11:16:51 -0500
I own 2 MLA-2500's that seem to be having the same problem ..... which leads
me to believe something
else maybe causing the problem.

Here is the problem.   It seems when I tune up both amps to full output,
they work great.  But after using
them for a while ..... the power will drop way off .... then after a few
more moments the power will

I have had the same problem with both amps using different radios to drive
them and using different
antennas ..... so at this time I am little confused.

I have had one of the MLA amps for about 3 years, and thought it was just on
its last leg, but since I
have picked up the other MLA and it is doing the same thing ..... that got
me thinking.

Sure could use some help and ideas.

73 de Brian, KG8CO
Adrian, Michigan