[AMPS] MLA-2500 questions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] MLA-2500 questions
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 12:38:05 -0400

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998 11:16:51 -0500 "Brian Sarkisian" <kg8co@lni.net>
writes:

>I own 2 MLA-2500's that seem to be having the same problem ..... which
>leads
>me to believe something
>else maybe causing the problem.
>
>Here is the problem.   It seems when I tune up both amps to full
>output,
>they work great.  But after using
>them for a while ..... the power will drop way off .... then after a
>few
>more moments the power will
>
>I have had the same problem with both amps using different radios to
>drive
>them and using different
>antennas ..... so at this time I am little confused.

I would start by using only one radio and preferarbly a dummy load. You
got to take out as many variables as possible.
Next step is to monitor input and output VSWR and note any changes. If
you decide it is an amp problem then start from the input relay...a prime
culprit... and work ur way foreward. You can test individual tubes also
by switching to 40 or 80M and running low drive.

I'll be glad to work along with you...I know that amp "intimately" and
have 2 in the shop also!

73  Carl  KM1H
Amplifier Repairs and 6M Conversions Our Speciality

>I have had one of the MLA amps for about 3 years, and thought it was
>just on
>its last leg, but since I
>have picked up the other MLA and it is doing the same thing ..... that
>got
>me thinking.
>
>Sure could use some help and ideas.
>

>73 de Brian, KG8CO
>Adrian, Michigan
>

>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]