[AMPS] AL-811

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] AL-811
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 01:50:36 -0500

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 10:47:01 -0800 "Radiodan W7RF" <RFpower@radiodan.com>
writes:

>Hi Doug and the boys,
>
>I never understand why guys get the cheapest amp known to mankind and
>then
>want to press it for more than it was designed for?
>
>Use it for the power it will put out safely and save up for a real
>amp!
>
>There is no shortcut.

Except between the ears of some wannabe QRO types. Ham lore has always
stressed running tubes well over ratings...read old QST's etc.
Only recently has that method been shot down since decent test equipment
is now available to mere mortals.
Yes, there are still many meatheads out there that will always try to get
a KW out of four 811's but they are either finding a new hobby ( or
returning to 27 MHz) or getting educated once they get on the air and
peer pressure sets in.

73   Carl   KM1H

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]