[AMPS] COIL WINDING MACHINE

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] COIL WINDING MACHINE
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 01:21:32 -0500

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 18:28:27 +0200 "John Fielding"
<johnf@futurenet.co.za> writes:

>Yes - if the lathe is the type use for screw cutting threads.  Set the
>change-wheels or threading gearbox to the required threads per inch
>and run
>it at the slowest speed possible.  Have wound many springs the same
>way.
>
>John   ZS5JF

Having spent almost 7 years at National Radio I am still amazed at what
was used to wind coils, chokes, etc.
They had rows of mechanical nightmares that could do some strange things
with wire, including winding high power RF chokes from multiple spools of
Litz wire.
This was all before the days of computer driven manufacturing and some of
the gear dated from the 1930's...yet it ran at sometimes 2 shifts a day
and never broke down that I can remember.

73  Carl   KM1H

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]