[AMPS] Henry Who ?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Henry Who ?
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 21:51:02 -0500

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998 18:02:03 -0500 Alan Gray <agray@voicenet.com> writes:

>Sorry, Dan, I've looked at and repaired the very latest Henry amps.
>My
>comments stand (you might read them again).

Salemen are not hired or known for reading skills Alan. Close a deal and
hide IMO....

>As I said, the 4K-Ultra is built better than all the current Henry
>amps
>with the cheap roller inductor and "off shore knock-off" fixed caps

And the Italian sockets and other cheap crap of the past.

>...that's why I'vekept it.  Although like all the other 4K-Ultra
>owners I
>know, I've had to modify the blower system to make it really work
>right.
>

>As for the roller being bought by other manufacturers...water seeks
>its
>own level...bet Continental, Harris or Collins aren't customers for
>them.
> And of course that doesn't say much anyway, MFJ uses roller
>inductors.

Wow, we must have ESP...my comments in a reply I just sent.  Maybe MFJ
will buy Henry and complete the circle.

>As for selling you my 4K-Ultra, it wasn't too many weeks ago that you
>were advertising to buy one here on the Internet...guess you agree
>that
>its a better amp thatn you 3K Classic X MKII (which from the pictures
>on
>your web site looks like it could use a bit of rehab as well).

A few months ago I called Henry looking for some parts pricing and
availability. The whatever on the other end barely spoke English and
finally said "we no have". When I aked when they would be available it
was " we no make".  So much for customer service. Even the orphan brands
still have parts available.

>Alan, W3BV

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]