[AMPS] (Fwd) Swan 1200X

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] (Fwd) Swan 1200X
From: gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU (George T. Daughters)
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 08:31:12 +0008

hi all,

i'm forwarding a message i received from a friend.  can anyone
help?  i'm not familiar with the swan 1200x.  please reply direct to
Jim...

wa6dij@ix.netcom.com

***************************

I have a question about a Swan 1200X linear amplifier. This amp has
four 8950's in the output, don't know power output but sounds husky.
Anyhow I have been asked by a relative about how much something like
this should go for. So, does anyone have any ballpark prices for
such a beast?  Also, they  said the tubes sell for $100 each....is
that correct?  Maybe there are some of those Russian replacement
tubes available. Another question is does a rig like this require
220V power to run the thing?

Anyhow....thanks for any inputs. Since I am a low power guy (less
than 100 watts at least) I don't have a clue what these things sell
for.

Tnx....de wa6dij....Jim....73

George T. Daughters, K6GT