[AMPS] (Fwd) Swan 1200X

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] (Fwd) Swan 1200X
From: Doug Person" <w4dxv@ibm.net (Doug Person)
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:38:58 -0500
Hello,

The Swan 1200X is capable of 500-600 watts pep.  It is intended for SSB duty
only.  The 8950's are rare but can be replaced by another less expensive
tube (I don't have the number) by rewiring the existing 12 volt filements to
use 6 volts.   The cloest Svetlana tube is the EL509. It is possible the the
1200x can be converted to use them.  Svetlana has an article on its web
regarding conversion of the Dentron GLA1000, which also uses 4 sweep tubes.
The 1200x does not require 220v to operate.  The selling prices I have
observed for the 1200x over the last year are $200 to $350 depending on
condition.

Regards,

Doug Person -- W4DXV