[AMPS] Emtron Amplifiers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Emtron Amplifiers
From: emtron@ozemail.com.au (emtron@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 17:56:51 +1100
Gentlemen!!

     Re recent discussions and confusion regarding Aussie Amp, I would like
to clarify some points:

1)   Replies to emails: I believe different opinions have been expressed
regarding the efficiency of our emails.  I am sure, that on occaison we
have been a few days late at responding to some enquiries, however, we have
heard at times that we have never answered specific email. Emails which are
direcly associated with our Emtron Amplifiers are always answered
immediately, they are top priority. If ever any email has completely
escaped our attention we would like to apologise now. However, we would
also like to offer some explanation as to why some other emails have not
been answered.  It has come to our attention that quite a few emails
received from our Emtron Enquiry form, directly from our web site, are
incomplete, as the field for "return Address" is often left empty!! This is
very frustrating as all enquiries are naturally important . We plead that
all future enquiries please include return addresses so that we can answer
your email!!

2)    Amplifiers: Yes it is a "Aussie Amp" - made in Australia by Emtron.
Emtron is a manufacturing extension of Emona Electronics, same as Emtronics
(very well known in Australia) is a retail extension of Emona Electronics,
the importers and distributers of radio communication and associated
products for amateur, commercial and professional applications. I have
established Emona Electronics PTY LTD some 25 years ago, and I believe it
is today the oldest importer and distributer of amateur radio products in
Australia.  We have seen others come and go.

      Emtron also makes TET-Emtron antennas, switch mode power supplies,
antenna tuners and to this site most importantly - HF Linear Amplifiers. I
don't want to elaborate on our Amplifiers, our Web site: www.emtron.com.au
serves this purpose. In Australia Emtron is a sign of quality.

3) RE TET-Emtron; I don't think there is much more to add to Martins
(ZL1AMS) story. The only thing I would like to add is the following.

      I knew Mac Taniguchi long before closure of his enterprises in the
USA and Japan.  We were good friends and had an excellent business
relashionship. This is why Mac decided to join me in Sydney. We established
TET-Emtron Antenna Systems. However, in the early stages, Mac suffered a
severe heart attack and died only yards away from our office. His departure
was a tremendous blow to all of us as well as to the Ham Radio fraternity
in general. Mac was an excellent antenna engineer and a great innovator.

    Well folks, I hope that I have clarified some points and I am always
available for any further info if so required.

    We are now in the process of updating our Web site, you will also see
us next year at Dayton as well as Friedrichshafen in Germany with a few
surprises of course.

    Keep in touch,

73 Rudi Breznik VK@AOT