[AMPS] GLA-1000 output

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] GLA-1000 output
From: ah6oy@lava.net (Jim AH6OY)
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 15:03:13 -1000

    My guess is the regular higher freq losses amplified by the fact they
are 4 X 6LQ6/D-50A sweep tubes. If it tunes better in the 27 MHz range
you'll hopefully know which way to go on the coil. Look for an old
attachment area if that is the case. 10M coil attachment area is the 3rd
winding in the front of the amp about .25" up from center of front. 27MHz
would be elsewhere(creeps). Ground the case then ground out everything at
least once then poke around. If you don't have a super bench to work on use
only the ground pole of the amps plug into a grounded extension plug by
rotating the plug 180 degrees to be sure it is grounded. I heard a man
explaining to one of his friends on the air that he had warned a friend that
the problem he was having with his amp sounded like he had lost the ground
in his house power lines. No more other friend. Play safe. Good luck,    Jim
AH6OY
    Greetings All,
                        Have just finished the re-tube of a "Left for Dead"
Dentron GLA-1000. Output is fine except on 10 Meters. Instruction manual
says unit is "modifiable" however this "mod" already appears to have been
done as the inductor is tapped and bandswitch goes 1 position past 15M to
10???. Does anybody have the "detail" that I obviously have missed!?? Any
help greatly appreciated.

TNX

de Steve