[AMPS] Telephone RFI Radio Shack Phones

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Telephone RFI Radio Shack Phones
From: wrt@eskimo.com (Bill Turner, W7TI)
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 13:45:57 GMT
On Tue, 8 Dec 1998 06:47:52 -0500, "brad roope" <w1rqbrad@mdc.net>
wrote:

>Re: Radio Shack Telephones.
>
>Remember some comments on Radio shack Phones. Does anyone have model
>numbers on what phones may reduce or eliminate RFI? Also are the K-Comm
>filters any good?
>
>Thanks brad W1RQ
It might have been me you remember.  I have a Radio Shack phone that
is totally free of RFI without any filters at all, even running 1500
watts SSB and the antenna being only about 60 feet from the phone.
Unfortunately there is no model number on the phone, but it's the one
with the transparent case so you can see all the circuitry inside.
It's in what used to be known as the "Princess" style, meaning the
handset had the pushbuttons in it and rested in a separate cradle when
not in use.  Hope this helps.

73, Bill W7TI