[AMPS] Telephone RFI Radio Shack Phones

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Telephone RFI Radio Shack Phones
From: k6ll@juno.com (k6ll@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 15:56:00 +0000

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998 06:47:52 -0500 "brad roope" <w1rqbrad@mdc.net> writes:

>Re: Radio Shack Telephones.
>
>Remember some comments on Radio shack Phones. Does anyone have model
>numbers on what phones may reduce or eliminate RFI?

I've had good luck with the Radio Shack model 43-591. If it doesn't work,
unplug all other phones, modems, answering machines, etc, in the house
and
try it again. If it still doesn't solve the problem, take it back to RS
for
a refund. I buy them when they go on sale for $17, and "loan" them to
neighbors if they complain. On contest weekends, I replace my usual
phone in the kitchen with one of these so the xyl can use the phone.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]