[AMPS] Henry 3K HV Plate Transformer, replacement

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Henry 3K HV Plate Transformer, replacement
From: phil@vaxxine.com (Phil T. (VE3OZZ))
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 00:17:13
Paul, it might be tough meeting your requirements AND staying with the same
transformer core.  If you want higher CCS current rating , you might not be
able to stay with the same core.  Higher CCS rating generally means larger
gage secondary (and maybe primary) wire, which occupies more space in the
lamination window.  If the existing core window is already full (and it
likely is), there's no way you'll be able to rewind with larger wire and
have it fit.

If you still want to bullet proof the thing but stay within the existing
transformer volume,  your only solution may be a new transformer on a strip
wound "C" core from Dahl or whomever.  The "C" cores enable higher overall
ratings on a physically smaller core.

Call me during the day @ (905)546-6022 and we can discuss further.  I know
of a couple of custom winders in the Toronto area.

Phil

VE3OZZ