[AMPS] Dollars per dB

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Dollars per dB
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 1999 13:31:34 EST
Happy New Year!  to all,

   I just read through the year end $/dB scenario and can't resist
putting my Suzie B's worth in on this one...

  FIrst of all... if this discussion is at all germane... shouldn't it be
dB/$?  or QSO's/$ ??  or QSL's/$ ???

  And second what's the point??  This is a hobby!   If you extend the
argument, the whole activity is entirely uneconomic!

  Damn it, Jim!    We are Radio Amateurs, not Accountants!   :-)  ( with
acknowledgement to Dr. McCoy )

73,
  Marv  WC6W

P.S. --  The Internet, with it's infinite repository of wisdom, provides
the final word on the $$$.

                        ************************

Engineers, scientists and radio amateurs will never make as much money
 as business executives.  Now, a rigorous mathematical proof has been
 formulated that explains why this is true:

--->   Postulate 1:  Knowledge is Power.

--->   Postulate 2:  Time is Money.

As every engineer knows,

       Work
        ----    =  Power
       Time

Since Knowledge = Power, and Time = Money, by substitution we derive

        Work
         -----     =    Knowledge
       Money

Solving for Money, we get:

         Work
   Knowledge

Thus, as Knowledge approaches zero, Money approaches infinity,
regardless of the Work done.

Conclusion:  The Less you Know, the more you Make.

*

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]