[AMPS] Plate load charts

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Plate load charts
From: johnf@futurenet.co.za (John Fielding)
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 07:16:54 +0200

>From measurements performed here whilst building "The Ultimate
Amplifier" a tank inductor with a Q of less than 400 doesn't warrant
using!!!!  Measured using a Marconi Q meter I found that a Q of 600 and
above is practical with normal aspect coils.  The position of the coil
relative to metalwork has a large effect on the final Q value, the
values quoted are for no degradation due to poor mounting.

John    ZS5JF
To: <amps@contesting.com>
> Date: 05 January 1999 03:06
>

> As Rich says
>
> ?  In any event, reducing RF resistance in L1 improves tank
efficiency.

> Get this in perspective. If you have a 4CX1000 with 2000 volts plate
swing
> (Peak, not peak to peak) and a 2000ohm plate load with a Q of 10, and
Ip