[AMPS] 8875 Max Voltage Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 8875 Max Voltage Question
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 02:22:52 -0500

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 01:38:08 -0500 Zdzislaw R Sawicki <ab2et@juno.com>
writes:

>Gent's According to the specifications on Imam's web page the max
>plate voltage
>is indicated as being 2,200 maximum in normal AB2 service. I just
>finished the replacement of the rectifier string (lost one) and while
>at it the filter caps on a MLA2500  everything worked out fine and
>after performing the preliminary "testing" before replacing the 8875
>the voltage is reading 2,400.at idle, yes I did check it with 3
>different
>meters (2) digital and (1) Analog. I did read and implemented many of
>the recommendations that Rich put on
>his web page. After consulting the "Dentron Manual" which indicates
>2,250 at idle I
>just wonder if the "extra" 200 +/- volts will present any problems.
>
>Thanks You  in advance for your Time and Input.

The Eimac MAX is for full operation, wheras the Dentron is reading
standby. The slight extra voltage will be of no problem and your key down
will be within spec.
I would be more concerned about your filament voltage which has been
known to be high on some MLA's. The last one I had here was 6.80V and I
changed over to 6.2VDC regulated.
Bill Orr has stressed filament voltage criteria in articles for over 25
years now as being extremely important for tube life. Bill is ex-Eimac
for those not familiar with his excellent series of articles on amps,
cooling and all sorts of related subjects.

73  Carl  KM1H