[AMPS] Bandwidth

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Bandwidth
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 13:51:11 -0000
What's this 'bandwidth' term all the computer freaks keep using?
Bandwidth is the frequency band between the 3dB points of a tuned circuit,
or between the passband edge attenuations of a filter, or the 'Occupied' or
'Necessary' bandwidths of a transmission, as per ITU. But a reflector?

This is an RF reflector; mayhap I'm picky about technical terms, but I hate
to see them totally misused. Especially here, where bandwidth has specific
meanings when applied to amplifiers - the raison d'etre of this reflector.

73

Peter G3RZP