[AMPS] Triode conected Tetrodes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Triode conected Tetrodes
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 13:45:36 -0000
Marv, WC6W pretty well said it all...........but you can add that for a
given plate voltage swing and a given power output, the tank circuit is
designed for the correct load impedance, and it doesn't give a damn what
class the tube is in.

Which is another way of saying that the tables are for desired plate load
impedance.

Grounded cathode is fine for a bit more gain, and the neutralising
requirement, as compared to grounded grid. It doesn't necessarily need input
tuning either, depending on the input capacity, the drive power, the
acceptable SWR etc. There are, as they say, more ways than one to skin a
rabbit. My way is not necessarily Rich's way, but if we both end up with the
skinned rabbit, whose to say we're either or both wrong or right?

73

Peter G3RZP