[AMPS] Eimac Power Pentode.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Eimac Power Pentode.
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 17:51:19 EST

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 21:58:03 +0200 "Eric" <eric.mawhinney@usa.net>
writes:

>Eimac JAN 264/8576 Radial Beam Power Pentode.

  (snip)

>I think the screen operated at about 500V with 3KV on the anode.
>a - Does anyone on the reflector know this tube ?
>b - Are there major disadvantages in using this type of tube in  a home
brew
>linear ?
>      (apart from  possibly its age and the fact that I only have one
>i.e.
>no replacement if it goes bang)

Hi Eric,
   That is a cute "little" tube.  You can review the specs at:

http://www.SignalONE.com/vactubes/eimac/tubedata/8576-264m.JPG

   Which should confirm 750V on the screen and 5KV on the plate.

   Sometimes (rarely) the seals on old ceramic tubes are faulty.    You
should probably check for that before you start laying out the chassis.
:-)

 ...and there were some other problems with pentodes (the 5CX1500 comes
to mind) of that vintage... do you know the exact date code?  Should be
printed somewhere near the part number.

   If the tube is ok and you treat it as if it is the last one on Earth,
then it should make a fine linear

73,
   Marv  WC6W

*

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]