[AMPS] ARRL and QST

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] ARRL and QST
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 23:37:39 -0600
>The only connection I might conjecture,  as in my previous post,
>is the thought that continued CW testing for HF access is perhaps
>put forth by some as being responsible for the decline in count of
>vendors and their ads for amateur products in the pages of QST.

I think that's what they were trying to say.  However, if it weren't for
CW, Campbell Island would have worked far fewer QSOs.  This would have
meant a less successful expedition, less positive press and less
notoriety for the expedition.  The expedition has sponsors who will get a
lot of miles out of their "advertisements" being part of the expedition,
QSL card, etc.

Seems like the manufacturers would WANT CW to stick around!

BTW, I forgot it in my last post:  A couple of the ZL9CI guys worked over
700 stations in 3 hours on CW!  WOW!

Ok, back to amplifiers!......

73,

Jon