[AMPS] ARRL

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] ARRL
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 03:12:06 -0500

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 17:43:09 -0800 Rich Measures <measures@vc.net>
writes:

>>Remember what a great technical publication "Ham Radio" was !!!
>>
>>To bad its gone...
>>
>After Mr. Fisk died, the Q decreased.  .

I still remember when Skip Tenney and Jim came into National Radio
looking for startup ad revenue.
Jim actually left HRM before he died and was the 2nd owner of Radiokit
when Glenn, K1GW sold it to become a honcho at CrashCraft.

Also Craig Clark, N1ACH, NX1G, W1JCC, etc as Asst Publisher tried his
best to keep HRM going.  He now runs Ham Radio Bookstore and is one of
the 160M top guns.

Skip was a very successful NH banker and did his best to keep HRM alive
out of his pocket but it was Editor Rich Rosen, K2RR who finally killed
off the subscribers.

What remains is a CQ Quarterly which is a poor cousin to QEX.

Sorry for the off-topic reminiscing.

73  Carl  KM1H

>-  later, Jim
>

>Rich...
>
>R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures
>

>--

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]