[AMPS] MFJ-259 and matching circuits

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] MFJ-259 and matching circuits
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 09:52:47 -0800
>I know that it is not resistive.  I even stated that.  However, one can
>simulate an average impedance for that device as an approximation.

?  My position is that it is not very logical to try and simulate the
highly complex cathode-Z of a tube if you have one in-hand.

> I have
>spoken to others who have done this in addition to myself and they have
>confirmed that it works.

?  It gets you in the ballpark.  Making L and C2 adjustable is not a bad
idea if one is using a solid-state output radio to drive the amp.  . With
a TS-830S, it does not matter.

Rich...