[AMPS] Cantenna Dummy Loads

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Cantenna Dummy Loads
From: ve3az@passport.ca (Court)
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 12:34:08 -0500
With all the discussion about trying to use the Cantenna for a dummy
load for 1500W output or more amplifiers, it seems to me that all these
efforts could be put to more productive use by building a dummy load
that would handle the output of high power amplifiers.
That being said, several years ago I built a 50R load containing eight
series/paralled 100R non-inductive wire wound resistors in a 14" x 17" x
4" enclosure which was force air cooled. Since the load as built was
slightly reactive, a series variable capacitor within the enclosure is
used to provide a near perfect 50R match. This load easily handles up to
two killowatts for any amount of testing time that might be required.
Total cost as I remember it was under Can.$40.
--
Court

You may communicate with me by using any of the following alternatives:

E-Mail:       ve3az@passport.ca
FAX:          905-294-8756
Telephone:    905-294-8527
Canada Post:  C.S.Broad