[AMPS] L-Net calculations: Am I doing something wrong?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] L-Net calculations: Am I doing something wrong?
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 03:46:26 -0800

>Rich says:
>
>> RL depends on the ZSAC
>
>Why?

?  Because ZSAC controls conduction angle.  In the RL formula, the
constant in the denominator changes with Class of operation --  i.e.,
conduction angle.  See *Care and Feeding ...  * for more info.  .

>RL depends on plate voltage swing and peak plate current. Admittedly,
>increasing the idling current should increase the plate current at the peak
>of the current pulse (grid most positive,

?   peak anode current is limited by the emissivity of the cathode.

>.....why are some tubes more linear than others?

?  beats me.  One guess is grid placement.

- cheers, Peter

Rich...