[AMPS] Transformers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Transformers
From: RFpower@radiodan.com (Radiodan W7RF)
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 18:56:38 -0800
Hello Lane,

If your reference to "recent vintage Henry" are those 1KD-5 and 2KD-5 amps
you mention be aware that those amps haven't been made for 15+ years. They
are also desktop amplifiers from that era and before. Usually failures in
those amps are from those trying to get console performance from a desktop
amp. There are things not quite as heavy duty in a small desktop amp as
compared to a console.

The current production Henrys do NOT suffer from chronic transformer
problems, despite what
anyone selling their line of transformers says!

Let's see if it's possible for me to make a comment without inspiring a new
thread from the shut-ins and malcontents!

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (President WARC 1999, member SCDXC, SCCC)
Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY RF Power Amplifiers.
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com> ??? RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!