[AMPS] Transformers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Transformers
From: hkman@hitter.net (Pat Poirier)
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 20:20:37 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01BE69A1.212E82E0

I  have been reading the thread on transformers and I find it very =
interesting that there always seems to be an attack on Henry amplifiers, =
Do transformers fail yes they do, are they only Henry transformers that =
fail ? No !! Dahl has about 40 pages of different amplifier manufacture =
replace transformers.
Henry has sold over 30,000 amplifiers over the years and with anything =
parts fail. People run their amplifiers well beyond the manufactured =
specifications during contest and at other times and sooner or later =
something lets go. Time and moisture are also issues that play on the =
components.=20
If there were so many Henry transformers that were letting go, then why =
does Dahl only list 9 direct replacement transformers and 23 extra heavy =
duty transformers for people who want more out of their amplifier. That =
is a total of 34 different transformers for about 30 plus years of =
manufacturing and many different models over the years.
We sometimes miss the point, if Carl has a new product that is available =
to us when we need a replacement and it is of quality and reasonably =
priced he will sell a lot of them no matter who the amplifier =
manufacturer is. I don't think Carl is going to get rich selling =
replacement transformers for Henry amplifiers, but if he has a good =
product maybe the competition will drive Dahl's prices down and give us =
more choices to find a replacement transformer, if and when needed.
73
Pat

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01BE69A1.212E82E0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I&nbsp; have been reading the thread =
on=20
transformers and I find it very interesting that there always seems to =
be an=20
attack on Henry amplifiers, Do transformers fail yes they do, are they =
only=20
Henry transformers that fail ? No !! Dahl has about 40 pages of =
different=20
amplifier manufacture replace transformers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Henry has sold over 30,000 =
amplifiers over the=20
years and with anything parts fail. People run their amplifiers well =
beyond the=20
manufactured specifications during contest and at other times and sooner =
or=20
later something lets go. Time and moisture are also issues that play on =
the=20
components. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>If there were so many Henry =
transformers that=20
were letting go, then why does Dahl only list 9 direct replacement =
transformers=20
and 23 extra heavy duty transformers for people who want more out of =
their=20
amplifier. That is a total of 34 different transformers for about 30 =
plus years=20
of manufacturing and many different models over the years.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>We sometimes miss the point, if Carl =
has a new=20
product that is available to us when we need a replacement and it is of =
quality=20
and reasonably priced he will sell a lot of them no matter who the =
amplifier=20
manufacturer is. I don't think Carl is going to get rich selling =
replacement=20
transformers for Henry amplifiers, but if he has a good product maybe =
the=20
competition will drive Dahl's prices down and give us more choices to =
find a=20
replacement transformer, if and when needed.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>73</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Pat</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01BE69A1.212E82E0--