[AMPS] Re:HV on tube w/o filament voltage

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re:HV on tube w/o filament voltage
From: gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU (George T. Daughters)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 09:44:59 +0008

Mike wrote...

> But you have raised an interesting question. I would like to add another
> one: Is it allowed to apply HV along with filament voltage at start-up,
> provided that G1 is biased at cutoff and G2 voltage is zero? The tube in
> question is a 4CX800A. Svetlana says no way.

They may have misunderstood your question, or they are just "covering
their posteriors."  (Their spec sheet says no operating potentials
until the warm up time is complete)

I do exactly this all the time with my 4CX800A: my G1 bias and HV
are applied immediately, but my circuit WILL NOT apply G2 voltage
until the warmup is complete.  What does Alpha Power do in the
91-beta?

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT