[AMPS] Grid driven triodes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Grid driven triodes
From: wlfuqu00@pop.uky.edu (William L. Fuqua III)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 08:34:10 -0500 (EST)
         Is there anyone on this list using Common Cathode
triode amplifiers? Some day after I get current projects
completed I want to build a 450TL Push Pull amp. I know
there were Short wave broadcast versions of push pull triode
amps that were ban switched but there was always a concern
about inbalance affecting neutralization. Also, band switching
would make for an interesting impedance matching problem.
        Those big Crosleys at VOA had a neat output tuning
system but I don't have the room. HI HI HI. By the way does
anyone have pictures of the old Crosley transmitters?
I saw them in the 60's and they were quite impressive.
What got me thinking of push pull 450TL's was that VOA had
a standby TX that they never used with a pair of 450TH's
and I thought it was really neat. I happen to have the TL's.
       While I am at it, I would like to know if anyone has
a 1500T or 2000T for trade of sell. I'd like to complete
my collection of EIMAC triode. I have collected almost
everything from the 15E thru 1000T. Now I need the last
two of the big glass ones.

73
Bill wa4lav

  William L. Fuqua III  P.E.  E-mail WLFUQU00@POP.UKY.EDU  Phone (606) 257-4155
  Department of Physics and Astronomy      CP-177 Chem. Phys. Bldg.
  University of Kentucky ,                 Lexington, Ky 40506-0055