[AMPS] Grid driven triodes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Grid driven triodes
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:52:33 +0100
Rich says:

> Specify a triode for Class AB1 grid-driven linear service,  and I'll have
a go at >it with the appropriate characteristic-curves

The original question was about using tubes like a 450TL. I figure AB2 is
necessary for things like that. Are there triodes specified for AB1 grounded
cathode operation these days? The requirement is that at zero grid volts, it
has to draw pretty substantial plate current, and I don't know what there is
around that would do that. As Bill, WA4LAV said, it's like a 57 Chevy.

73

Peter G3RZP