[AMPS] Tuners and VSWR

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Tuners and VSWR
From: RFpower@radiodan.com (Radiodan W7RF)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 12:51:54 -0800

> On Mon, 29 Mar 1999 16:05:06 -0800 "Radiodan W7RF" <RFpower@radiodan.com>
> writes:
> >
> >One thing I left out was that the new inverted vee cut for 3650 KHz
> >would be
> >coax fed.
>
> Cut one for 3550 and the other for 3800.  Run at as close to right angles
> as you can and fed with one coax. You can run a 160M inv Vee down the
> middle with negligible interaction.
> Figure W  VSWR curve on 80/75 and not exceeding 2:1 over most of the
> band.
>
> Coax feed and no tuner is the only way to go IMHO.....
>
> 73  Carl  KM1H

That's a good suggestion. I have room for the four legs for 80/75M.

I am used to doing that with different bands at right angles. I will try
that configuration. I don't have the room for the 160M dipole so I will
continue to use the shunt fed tower.

Tnx.

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (President WARC 1999, member SCDXC, SCCC)
Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY RF Power Amplifiers.
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com> ??? RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!