[AMPS] Want to build my Amps, instead of buying them.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Want to build my Amps, instead of buying them.
From: bjoynes@edge.net (Bryn Joynes)
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 20:02:25 -0600
Hi,

I'm seriously thinking of building my own amps, but I need some advice
from more experienced people.

I like to work VHF/UHF and would like to build amps that operate on 6m
2m and 70cm.  I would like, but does not have to be, a 1000w output with
about 25w input.  I would like a similar designs among the amps, this
way I could swap parts and also buy in quantity.  Also it might mean
only building one power supply initially until more funds become
available.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a 'family' of amps that could come
close to what I'm looking for?  The power output is not overly
important, and could be reduced to 400w, it is the 'family' approach I'm
looking for.

I'm sure there are a few other questions I should be asking, I would be
very happy if you point these out.

Best Regards

Bryn Joynes
KF4GKO EM65LO (ex VE1)