[AMPS] re:Socket for 3-500Z

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] re:Socket for 3-500Z
From: Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 22:00:06 -0500
>Another possible cause of cooling probs is failure to inject 0.02cc of 5w
- 10w oil through the neoprene seal on the fan bearing chamber every 5 or
so years of operation -- which is one of the reasons that we include a
fan-oiling syringe with our vhf suppressor retrofit kits.

Ah, yes. Here's a question I've been meaning to ask you, Rich. I read in one
of your articles that the original SB-220 fan had sealed bearings and that
you have to drill a hole in each one in order to oil it. I've got an SB-221,
which came later, it looks like the bearings aren't sealed -- there's a big
opening where the shaft enters each bearing. Looking from the side, it's
kinda hard to see exactly what it looks like in the holes (at least, without
doing some disassembly.) Do you just squirt the oil into those holes?

73, Dick, WC1M