[AMPS] Parasitic suppressors/another question,

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Parasitic suppressors/another question,
From: K0qz@primenet.com (Michael J. Baker)
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 01:51:09 -0700
Ok, gang, while the pot has been stired again, let me ask a related
question of the group of experts.
        Without access to a spectrum analyzer, how does one determine what
frequency your new amp has any parasitic oscilations occuring on, if
any?  I realize that keeping an eye on a TV in the room while the amp is
running into a dummy load might be one way, but if parasitics ARE
generated, then don't you run the risk of blowing up switches, etc in
the "finding" process?
        What are your suggestions?
        OOHHHH KAAAAAAHHHH!  Flameproof skivies on!  Let loose the dogs of
war!!!

        Mike Baker  KØQZ/7