[AMPS] Parasitic suppressors/another question,

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Parasitic suppressors/another question,
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 00:03:50 -0500
>>How long will you hold to the view that the resistors where of proper
>>resistance value before the oscillation took place when you have no proof?
>
>?  I bought new +/- 5% resistors at the radio parts emporium.  The
>resistors were within spec.   Approx. Ten minutes later they were toasted
>during operation on 40m despite the fact that each was connected in
>parallel with a couple of inches of #16 ga. copper buswire.

OK.  This is what I was looking for.  Then you can say with certainty
that the suppressor resistors were OK before the oscillation.  So perhaps
the oscillation did cause the damage.  But then you have to consider all
of the other factors of the inductor value in the suppressor (too much?
too little?), other feedback paths, etc.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden