[AMPS] FCC Actions at Dayton

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] FCC Actions at Dayton
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu, 20 May 99 17:05:24 -0500
>for manufacturing and selling external RF
>power amplifiers that operate below 144 MHz;

Well if this were the case wouldn't ANY RF power amplifier company be in
legal doo-doo???  I don't understand this.  Everyone makes RF Amps below
144 MHz.  In fact, all of the really QRO stuff above 50 MHz is all
homebrew!

Also, what is the restrictions on selling amplifiers with 28 Mhz or 50
MHz capability?  Is it still illegal in the US?  Of course, modifying
them isn't.

Frankly, making the amps so that they aren't 10M (or 11 M) ready doesn't
prevent stuff from happening or prevent them from being illegally
modified by unlicensed folks.  In fact, form what I've seen some of the
best amateur (non-commercial) amplifier builders appear to be from the
ranks of the chicken band.  Perhaps the FCC should check out some of the
CB amp web URLs and go after the guys making and selling the 10KW or 30KW
amps instead of going after commercial ham manufacturers.

Just as some oil is good for a car and some government is good, it is not
always true that more is better.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono@enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na