[AMPS] academica

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] academica
From: dthomas@pmrf.navy.mil (dthomas@pmrf.navy.mil)
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 99 10:10:55 -1000

     Hi all - new to the reflector but wanted to say the following. open
     discussion is great. taking the actual measurements and drawing your
     conclusions from that is where it is for me. have over 30 years as a
     DOD comm engineer and the theoretical is in my experience , just that.
     theoretical. i'm enjoying the discussion as i finally have all the
     parts together to build a 4-1K linear . Just 80, 40 and 20 for me. CW
     hand key and a little SSB. so -- i'm listening with BIG ears. there is
     a world of info here you don't get in school and thats for sure. 73 to
     all. KH6KE   dale