[AMPS] Bias for SB-220

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Bias for SB-220
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 09:07:04 -0700

>Subject:               RE: [AMPS] Bias for SB-220
>Date sent:             Wed, 2 Jun 1999 14:33:10 -0700
>From:                  Rich Measures <measures@vc.net>
>To:                    <W8JI@contesting.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
>
>> ?  Why can I pick them out on the air by listening up or down 4KHz?
>
>I dunno.
>
>Because you don't need reliable data or facts to reach conclusions?

?  I hear the characteristic spitting sound on the adjacent channels.  I
don't hear it from conventional bias sw. amps.    The solution is for the
designer to make the EBS synchronize with the RF relays.  An optoisolator
will faithfully perform this job for under a dollar.   With SSB-VOX, the
tubes are typically cut off within a couple of hundered mS after the
operator stops talking, so the claim of reduced-heat with RF-controlled
EBS is vacuous.

-  later, Tom.

Rich...