[AMPS] Bias for SB-220

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Bias for SB-220
From: sm2cew@telia.com (Peter Sundberg)
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 21:05:28 +0200
Gee Boy's...

You all talk about IMD, IP3 etc like this was the BIG problem on our ham
bands these days..

The real problem is BAD OPERATING HABITS from BAD OPERATORS !

I use old radios (Drake TR7/R7, IMD performance ?) and I clearly have more
trouble with idiots coming on frequency, babbling on DX-expedition
frequencies and hazzle people in general than I do with IMD products. An S9
+40 station smack on frequency is more of a problem than some third order
products 'in the noise''..

Agreed, the discussion going on at present is technically correct but you
guys make it sound like IMD is the limiting factor for enjoying ham radio
at the moment. It is not ! We have bigger problems.

Igor, as much as I do agree with some of your opinions regarding radios
you'd have to admit that many people get on for a weekend using these 'rice
boxes' to make 4-5000 qso's or more in a contest. They get sore ears and
heads but that't part of the game. And if they sound bad on transmit they
are more likely to keep their own frequency clear from stations moving in
too close...

It seems to me the discussion between 'the experts' is getting TOO
academical...

73 de Peter/SM2CEW