[AMPS] PIN stuff

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] PIN stuff
From: watson@epiloglaser.com (George K. Watson)
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 12:48:23 -0600
Does anybody know what the downsides would be
of placing a pair of PIN diodes in parallel to increase
the power handling capability of the circuit. My switch
handles 800watts, but gets hot (120C on the case) and
I want to take this design to higher power levels. The
Rfb and series L would all be reduced, but the junction C
is going to be doubled. I use this thing from 1.8 to  54MHz right
now and would be willing to trade the 6m use for better power handling.
The design is DPDT implemented with the Microsemi 2110 PIN diode.
Forward bias used is 250ma and reverse is -80V.

I will, of course entertain all of the 'get a vacuum relay' responses with
the same smile I give to all those who attempt to convert me from
my current faith or lack thereof :)

Thanks and GL to all,
George K. Watson
K0IW