[AMPS] More on 91b Problem, Any Ideas?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] More on 91b Problem, Any Ideas?
From: tim.k9tm@totalink.net (Tim Mitchell)
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 17:52:55 -0400
I continue to have problems with the 91b.  Thought perhaps the tubes were
shot?  Borrowed a set of tubes from a friends 91b (that I know works FB) to
see if that was it before plunking down my money for new tubes.  Glad I did
as that did not change anything.

Decided to try the other rig (Icom 756).  Wow, it works FB.  (To those who
wondered and commented perhaps I didn't know how to tune the darn thing, see
their I do!) I get expected amounts of power out!  Fifty-five watts from the
IC756 gets me ~1500 out @ 7 MHz.  Metering acts as I would expect it to.

All attempts to duplicate this with the FT1000D have failed.  Anyone have
any idea how to get the FT1000D and Alpha 91b to play nice together?

If this continues to be a problem, I guarantee the Alpha exits from the
shack long before I part with the 1000D.  Man does this thing trip out
easily, really sensitive,  Way worse than my AL1500.  Both of these amps are
going to drive me to some big gnarly glass tube yet.

Thanks 73 Tim K9TM