[AMPS] Exit comments

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Exit comments
From: w5kp@swbell.net (Jerry G. Kincade)
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 19:54:21 -0500
Gentlemen:
I subscribed to AMPS to get educated after 35 years of barefootness.
Over past couple of months, and especially the past few weeks, my
perception is that at least 50% of all messages on this reflector have
been insults, flames, personal cheap shots, and the like.

There are some extremely knowledgeable folks on this list, but
unfortunately much of their useful technical knowledge is constantly
hidden under gigantic mounds of ego and nasty attitude. If, however, the
intent is to keep the AMPS subscription list small for the benefit of
those types of folks, then I am mistaken here and you guys are doing a
fine job.

FWIW, the TowerTalk, R-390, Hammarlund, and even the Collins folks
participate in what appear to be much larger lists than AMPS without
employing nastiness or personally-directed venom, so I know it can be
done.

Thank you all for the few useful technical things I have gleaned during
lulls in the fighting, and best wishes to you all. And I promise I won't
let the door hit me on the way out. :)

73, Jerry W5KP